An easy-to-use Windows 10 application specially designed for photo documentation. Automatically extract and visually stamp (i.e. caption) GPS or UTM coordinates along with date, subject description and author information (e.g. a company/agency name); and automatically reverse geocode to include a place name and/or address.
GPStamper is designed to document photos of field investigations or surveys, and is a simple and robust tool for the commercial user who needs to visually record where and when photos were taken. GPStamper is optimized to custom caption multiple photos quickly and easily, and produce report-ready results in seconds.
Utilities · Construction · Engineering · Mining · Environment · Agriculture · Forestry · Surveying · Historical Properties · Land Stewardship · Natural Disasters
- NO application window to open. Caption directly from Windows context menu!
- Compatible with JPG photos from iPhone, Android, or any camera/device with GPS
- File Explorer compatible, and generates Exif compliant metadata
- Easy selection and saving of captioning preferences
- Reverse geocode (using OpenStreetMap) to a point of interest* or street address*
- Include iPhone GPS precision, image direction and altitude metadata in captions
- Select from multiple date formats, and caption size and contrast options
- Professional text rendering, with a print margin option to produce print-ready images
- Designed to caption camera original full-size photos ≥8MP
- Preference lock for enforcing standardized captions among multiple users
*Points of interest or street addresses may be unavailable or approximate, depending upon location or GPS accuracy.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. iPhone photo metadata fully exploits GPStamper’s captioning capabilities.
This is the sole authorized source of GPStamper. Please do not download outdated and unauthorized redistributions from other sources. They will not work and may be unsafe!
GPStamper Setup.zip (64-bit) 5-day free trial period
GPStamper x86 Setup.zip (32-bit) 5-day free trial period
You may need to disable any running anti-virus software before launching setup. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen may require you to click “More info” and “Run anyway” during installation.
You are encouraged to thoroughly test GPStamper during the fully-functional trial period as refunds can not be made after the issuance of an activation code.
1 Perpetual License* – $55 (one-time fee)
Volume Pricing (>1 license)
Information for Government Agencies:
Registered in System for Award Management (SAM): Lee, Michael G
D-U-N-S® Number: 079118461
CAGE Code: 6ZE76
NIGP Code: 20913
An internet connection is required for online activation.
Licenses are fulfilled Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm UTC -6
Resale or redistribution of GPStamper or its license is prohibited.
*When you purchase an activation code for GPStamper (typically issued within one business day) you receive a perpetual license to the current (at time of purchase) version and unlimited updates for two years, along with free technical e-mail support. Enter the activation code where or when prompted — you do not need to download or install GPStamper again. The original licensee is permitted to activate GPStamper on one Windows device per license. Server-based installations are not permitted.
Please contact me should you have any questions whatsoever regarding GPStamper.
Your email address is used only to respond to your inquiry.
Expect a same-day response (Monday thru Friday).
Thank you for your interest in GPStamper.
Michael (Mike) Lee