An easy-to-use Windows application specially designed for JPEG photo captioning.
Caption (i.e., stamp) GPS or UTM coordinates and date, subject description, author information (e.g., a company or agency name), along with other location metadata. Automatically reverse geocode to include a place name and/or street address.
GPStamper is designed to document photos of field investigations or surveys, and is a simple and robust tool for the professional user who needs to visually record and annotate where and when photos were taken.
Create custom captions with report-ready results in seconds.
Utilities · Construction · Engineering · Mining · Environment · Agriculture · Forestry · Surveying · Historical Properties · Land Stewardship · Natural Disasters
- Compatible with JPEG photos from any phone or camera with GPS/GNSS (where Location Services had been turned on during photo capture)
- Works in tandem with File Explorer, generating Exif and GIS compliant metadata
- Easy selection and automatic saving of captioning options, see the user interface
- Reverse geocode GPS coordinates to a city, point of interest and/or street address
- Include your company or agency logo (free custom plugin* available upon request)
- Supports English and most Western European (Latin-1) alphabets
iPhone JPEG photo metadata fully exploits GPStamper’s captioning capabilities.
Important — Select Most Compatible (i.e., JPEG) as the iPhone camera format.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
*Submit a logo graphic for same-day plugin generation and turnaround
Secure Download 5-day Free Trial (v23)
Please do not download outdated and unauthorized redistributions from other sources. They will not work and may be unsafe. This is the sole authorized source.
Windows 10/11 Compatible
- Your antivirus software must allow you to install software.
- Microsoft Defender SmartScreen may require you to click “More info” and “Run anyway” during installation.
You are encouraged to thoroughly test GPStamper during the fully-functional trial period as refunds can not be made after the issuance of an activation code.
Please note that the third-party online databases of OpenStreetMap and GeoNames, which are used for reverse geocoding, are not guaranteed to be accurate or available indefinitely, and their services may terminate without notice.
The original licensee may activate GPStamper on one Windows device per license.
Server-based installations are not permitted, and activations are performed online.
GPStamper licenses include free technical e-mail support.
Licenses are perpetual and do not expire.
Your email address is used only to respond to your inquiry.
Expect a same-day response (Monday thru Friday).
Didn’t receive a response? Please check your Junk Email folder for misdirected mail.
Michael (Mike) Lee