An easy-to-use Windows application specially designed for photo captioning.
Caption (i.e., stamp) GPS or UTM coordinates and date, subject description, author information (e.g., a company or agency name), along with other location metadata. Automatically reverse geocode to include a place name and/or street address.
GPStamper (g•p•stamper) is designed to document photos of field investigations or surveys, and is a simple and robust tool for the professional user who needs to visually record where and when photos were taken. Create custom captions with report-ready results in seconds.
Click photo to view full size in a photo gallery
Utilities · Construction · Engineering · Mining · Environment · Agriculture · Forestry · Surveying · Historical Properties · Land Stewardship · Natural Disasters
- Compatible with JPG photos from any phone or camera with GPS/GNSS
- Works in tandem with File Explorer, generating Exif and GIS compliant metadata
- Easy selection and automatic saving of captioning options, see the user interface
- Reverse geocode GPS coordinates to a point of interest and/or street address
- Include a company or agency logo (free plugin available upon request)
- Supports English and most Western European (Latin) alphabets
iPhone photo metadata fully exploits GPStamper’s captioning capabilities.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
Please do not download outdated and unauthorized redistributions from other sources. They will not work and may be unsafe. This is the sole authorized source.
GPStamper Setup x64.zip 5-day Free Trial
Windows 10/11 Compatible
- Your antivirus software must allow you to install software.
- Windows SmartScreen may require you to click “More info” then “Run anyway”.
- Installation is minimally intrusive, and no third-party applications are installed.
You are encouraged to thoroughly test GPStamper during the fully-functional trial period as refunds can not be made after the issuance of an activation code. The original licensee is permitted to activate GPStamper on one Windows device per license. Server-based installations are not permitted. Licenses are perpetual and do not expire. License activations are performed online.
Your email address is only used to respond to your inquiry.
Expect a same-day response (Monday thru Friday).
Didn’t receive a response? Please check your Junk Email folder for misdirected mail from GPStamper.
Thank you for your interest in GPStamper.
Michael (Mike) Lee