View photo locations in Google Earth Pro with a single mouse click! GEPix is compatible with geotagged JPG photos from iPhone, Android, or any camera/device with GPS.
- Simply drag and drop any geotagged file or folder onto any GEPix shortcut!
- In Google Earth Pro check “Tools > Options > General > Allow access to local files and personal data” to display photo thumbnails with photo date and description* (see screenshot above).
- Google Street View panoramic photos from iPhones will also display image heading.
- Generated KML** files can be uniquely named and saved to the source image(s) folder.
- Requires Google Earth Pro for Windows desktop (version 7.3.1 or later) to display photo locations and thumbnails.
- Optionally, requires Google Earth for Chrome to display photo locations by importing the GEPix generated KML file (Projects > Open > Import KML file from computer).
* You can enter photo descriptions via the “Subject” field in File Explorer’s Details pane.
** Files are saved with either absolute file paths (to save in “My Places”) or relative file paths suitable for KMZ file creation (photo inclusive) in Google Earth Pro.
Google Earth Pro does not read a photo’s orientation metadata tag for vertically oriented photos, and so will display those photos sideways. I recommend my free AutoRotate application for rotation.
This is the sole authorized source of GEPix, which is not in any way affiliated with Google.
Download GEPix 64 Setup.zip (64-bit) – Free for personal or commercial use.
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen may require you to click “More info” and “Run anyway” during installation.
Please contact me should you have any questions regarding GEPix operation.